Mary Katherine Brashear joined the firm as an associate at Goldberg Simpson in 2022. Her practice focuses primarily on Insurance Defense. Prior to joining the firm, she worked as an Associate for O’Bryan Law offices practicing primarily in the areas of bankruptcy, estate planning and family law. S
Mary Katherine is originally from Leslie County, Kentucky. She graduated from Bellarmine University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, cum laude, in 2015. Thereafter, she earned her Juris Doctor from the J. David Rosenberg College of Law in Lexington, Kentucky where she was an active member of the Women’s Law Caucus and served as treasurer and vice president of the Appalachian Law Caucus. After graduation, Mary Katherine moved to Los Angeles where she went on to earn an LL.M. in Business Law with a focus in Taxation from UCLA School of Law.
Mary Katherine currently serves as a board member at Hyden Citizens Bank, Farmers State Bank and Farmers and Traders Bank and is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association. Outside of the office, Mary Katherine enjoys attending UK and Cincinnati Bengals games. She also enjoys spending time with her friends, family, and her pets, Boba, Ollie and Kodiak.
Education & Professional Memberships:
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, LL.M. (2019)
- J. David Rosenberg College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, J.D. (2018)
- Bellarmine University, Louisville, Kentucky, B.A. (2015), cum laude
- Kentucky Bar Association
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky (2020)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky (2020)
- Kentucky (2019)